There are a few different parent visa options. But the quickest way of obtaining a Parent visa is by paying a big sum of money to the government for your future medical needs in Australia together with a bond (assurance of support).
These visas are:
- Subclass 884 (Temporary Residence) / 864 (Permanent Residence) – Contributory onshore
- Subclass 173 (Temporary Residence) / 143 (Permanent Residence) – Contributory offshore
You may be eligible to apply for a parent visa if:
- You have a child who can sponsor you
- This chid is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, and
- Your child has been living in Australia lawfully for at least 2 years before you lodge your visa application
- You meet the balance-of-family test; at least half of your children live permanently in Australia, or more of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country
- You meet health and character requirements.
For more detailed information on these visas and also the Aged Parent visa (subclass 804) contact us